Incorporating your business
Why do you need to pay a lawyer when you can incorporate online through the Washington Secretary of State website?
Because the initial corporate documents, the Articles of Incorporation and the Corporate Bylaws, govern how your company is operated, how it raises capital, how it buys and sells property, how the ownership is split between owners, and how the company is taxed. When you incorporate your business, you not only get the benefits of operating as a corporation; you also take on the liabilities associated with properly operating the company.
You should consider hiring an attorney to form your corporation if any or all of the following applies to your
- If the incorporation of your business will require complicated agreements;
- If you plan to incorporate in one state while registering to do business in one other or more than one other state;
- If you anticipate complicated tax or other legal issues involving the incorporation of your business; or
- If you plan to raise capital from outside investors.
- If you wish to be able to easily sell the company as a who or in parts at a future time.
- If you wish to shield investors from liabilities.
In addition to drafting Articles of Incorporation, corporate Bylaws, and other corporate documents that are tailored to your company's individual needs, I can also assist you in determining whether incorporating is the most cost-effective path for your company at this time.
Incorporate your Washington based business today.
Other Practice Areas
Taking care of business, so you can focus on yours...
Private Network Client Cloud. A new private dropbox has been added where clients can securely upload and download documents.
Updated Billing Policy. An updated billing policy is now available. Download a copy of the the Billing Policy.
Rate Changes. The Office now accepts credit cards. Use the link above to pay your bill.
PRIVATE CLIENT CLOUD
Secure your communications. Request a dropbox.
For mobile users,use the alternate website at
J. Pierce Law Office
505 W. Riverside Ave., Ste 518
Spokane, WA 99201